The chevron pattern is one of the hottest craft trends this year. This pattern has been seen everywhere, from furniture to clothing. Here is a great project that incorporates this popular trend. This chevron tray is so cute. Trays are a great surface to craft on. Have you ever tried upcycling a basic tray? See below how you can create your very own chevron tray. This is a perfect craft project to create for spring. Have you created anything with the chevron pattern lately?
- FolkArt Acrylic Paint – 901 Wicker White
- FolkArt Acrylic Paint – 2553 Lime Green
- Mod Podge
- Painting trim kit with roller, Painter’s tape, Craft knife, measuring tape or small ruler, Paintbrush for touch ups, and Foam paintbrush
1. Using the paint roller in the trim kit, coat the bottom and sides or the tray with Wicker White.
2. Let dry and repeat. Give the tray a second coat to insure even coverage.
3. Create the chevron pattern using the painter’s tape and measuring tape or ruler. Use the craft knife to cut the tape in corners or to remove excess.
4. To prevent bleeding a light coat of Wicker White can be applied over the edges of the painter’s tape pattern.
5. Use the paint roller to apply Lime Green paint over top of the chevron pattern and sides of the tray.
6. Let dry for several hours.
7. Remove tape revealing the completed pattern.
8. Use a paint brush to correct any bleeding.