Can you believe that this is the last day in the month of January? I know I can’t. The year is already flying by, and before you know it Valentine’s Day will be here. If you are looking for a way to spruce up your table with some Valentine’s decor, then you will love this pretty in pinks and purple table decor. This project was created by one of our designers, Trenice Bishop. She created these adorable decorations using Apple Barrel paints. Click here to learn how to create this project for your own table.
Another week, another giveaway! Hooray 🙂 It’s giveaway time again on Paint Me Plaid. This week we are giving away some product from Plaid’s Martha Stewart paint line. 1 lucky Paint Me Plaid reader will win an assortment of Martha Stewart paints (5 paints colors total). We will announce the winner on Paint Me Plaid on Friday (Feb. 3), in the afternoon.
To enter this giveaway, all you have to do is leave a comment below telling us what you would use these products to create? For extra entries (leave a separate comment for each):
Become a follower of ours on Twitter
Like Plaid on Facebook and let us know you entered the giveaway
Check out our sister blog, Plaid Kid’s Crafts, and let us know a project you find there that you think is cool
The contest will end Friday February 3rd, 2012 at 12 noon EST.
Don’t Martha Stewart’s crafts always amaze you? Transform some ordinary containers into holiday favors and gifts, with our celebratory collection! In case you have hit a Valentine’s Day project roadblock, try making these Valentine Containers. You can use these container to store candies, small cards, and other little nick nacks. Also these containers would make great gifts to give to your friend, teacher, or loved one. See below for all the supplies you will need, along with instructions.
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 2oz Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint – Pink Viburnum
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 2oz Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint – Habanero
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Foam Pouncers Set – 6pc
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Utility Brush Set – 3pc
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Holiday Icons Laser-Cut Stencils
Assorted trinket boxes
- Use a large brush to paint boxes a basecoat of Pink Viburnum.
- Use a foam pouncer and follow general stenciling instructions using the image as reference.
How to Paint the Stencil
TIP Practice your technique or check your color by first making a sample print on paper or scrap fabric.
- Place stencil on your surface and secure using tape. If using spray adhesive, spray stencil first, then place on surface.
- Pour a small amount of paint onto your palette. Load paint sparingly on a stencil brush or sponge and dab off excess. Lightly dab on a thin layer of paint; apply a second coat if necessary. Paint all areas of one color on the stencil before moving on to the next.
- While paint is still wet, carefully peel stencil off.
- Continue painting areas of the stencil according to your design. Let the paint dry completely before placing another stencil or color over it.
- Wash all stencils, brushes, and tools immediately after use before the paint dries. Use Martha Stewart Crafts Brush & Stencil Cleaner to remove dried paint.
- Repair torn stencils with transparent tape. Place tape on both sides of the tear and cut away the excess with a craft knife.
It is now the fourth week in our blog series, All About Plaid. In this series we have been introducing our readers to each brand that falls under the Plaid Enterprise umbrella. This week we would like to bring your attention to another brand we helped create, Martha Stewart craft paints. I am sure Martha Stewart needs no introduction :). She is the queen of crafts, and has been sharing her helpful tips and tricks for a long time. Plaid is so honored to be in the company of Martha Stewart, and help create some amazing craft products. Transform everything from curtains to glassware to flower pots with the first multi-surface craft paint available! Martha Stewart Crafts™ premium acrylic paints provide superior coverage for all fabric, wood, glass, ceramic, plastic, and metal craft projects. These vibrant acrylic paints are offered in a range of beautiful colors and five high-quality finishes—satin, high gloss, metallic, pearl, and glitter. Martha’s craft paints resist fading and wear, are ideal for indoor or outdoor use, and even safe for dishwashers. To see projects, and view the entire Martha Stewart craft paint inventory click here.
Today I am blogging from CHA. We are almost done setting up our booth, and we are so excited for tomorrow. Although we are hard at work here, I did want to share with you this amazing DIY video I recently found on YouTube. Now I know people use Mod Podge on tons of their own craft projects, but I had never seen someone use Mod Podge on a purse. This is such a creative, and easy to do project. After you watch this video the wheels in your head will begin spinning, on how you can recreate something similar. Enjoy watching. Have you ever used Mod Podge on a DIY accessory project?
Thanks to everyone that entered our Mod Podge giveaway. I hope this week you learned more about Plaid’s Mod Podge brand. The prize up for grabs this week was a Mod Podge starter kit. This set includes: Sparkle, Paper Matte, Original Gloss, Original Matte and Outdoor.
Tanya P. & Aja Design
(Winners has been notified by email)
We will be having another giveaway shortly. Make sure you subscribe to Paint Me Plaid so that you can be the first to know. Have a great weekend!
I don’t know if you heard, but Hot Glue Gun Helpers turned 1 years old this week. Cathie Filian was so excited about this anniversary that she is hosting a Hot Glue Gun Helper on her blog. Click here to enter. In case you win the giveaway or if you already have your own hot glue gun helper, we wanted to share an adorable craft project to use it on. This ribbon and pearl rose pin is a great Valentine’s Day craft. It’s simple to make, and is very versatile. Add this pin to your blouse, a headband, or use as an embellishment on a frame. To learn how to create this ribbon and pearl rose pin click here.
Yesterday there was an interesting post on Martha Stewart’s blog. I love this blog. There are always so many helpful and creative craft tips and tricks to learn. Martha had CNBC’s Mad Money host, Jim Crammer, on and taught him how to personalize a mug. The supplies used to decorate these mugs included, Martha’s peel off stencils, and Martha Stewart craft paints. Usually personalization of certain items can be a little costly. Well this is a very affordable way to personalize something. This is a great craft to create perhaps sometime over the weekend. Make sure you watch the video, it’s really funny :).
Click the link to watch this video. Martha Teaches Jim Crammer How To Craft
Looking for a more advanced Valentine’s Day craft to create? Try this Valentine Box. It’s a great project for an intermediate level painter. Gather the supplies listed below, and follow along with the instructions. This box is not only a great craft to create, it is practical as well. It serves as a storage container for all your Valentine’s Day goodies. Store your cards, and candies inside. This box would also be a great gift to give. Use the box as the perfect place to conceal a gift inside for the one you love.
- FolkArt ® Shiny™ Acrylic Paint – Wicker White, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Shiny™ Acrylic Paint – Sugar Plum, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Shiny™ Acrylic Paint – Violet Pansy, 2 oz.
Wooden box with handle, #12 flat brush, #1 liner brush, White craft glue, Heart buttons, String of hot pink sequins, Small dowel – 1½” tall, and Wood heart cut-out
- Paint sides of handle and outside of box Wicker White.
- Paint inside of box and feet Sugar Plum.
- Paint box trim and top of handle Violet Pansy.
- Paint random small hearts all over box using Sugar Plum.
- Paint small wood heart Violet Pansy; Paint dowel Sugar Plum
- Paint LOVE on heart. Glue onto dowel.
- Glue sequins around edge of wood heart using white craft glue. Puncture a small hole on rim of box. Glue dowel into hole.
- Glue a row of sequins around bottom band of box. Glue 2 rows of sequins around top of box.
- Glue heart buttons over screw heads on sides of handle.
- Glue heart buttons randomly between painted hearts on box.
- Optional: Use liner brush to paint words on painted Sugar Plum hearts using Violet Pansy such as: KISS ME, U R CUTE, BE MINE, HOT LIPS, HOTTIE, etc.
- Optional: Using liner brush and thinned Wicker White, paint “Valentines” on center of top band on box front.
I am so excited for the CHA Winter show in Anaheim, CA. The Anaheim Convention Center will be packed with attendees and exhibitors, in just a few days. We here at Plaid have been preparing for this show for months, and our team is getting ready to travel west. The 2012 CHA Winter Show will be held in Anaheim, CA at the Anaheim Convention Center. The trade show floor will officially open on Sunday January 29th at 10 AM. From the time the show opens until it closes, the Plaid booth will have some wonderful activities going on, lead by some celebrity crafters. While at the show make sure you stop by our booth (#1918 & #1919), to join in on the fun of these great make it take its. We will have three make it take it stations featuring crafts from our Martha Stewart, Mod Podge, and Ring Bling brands. You are not going to want to miss this. For those of you that will be unable to attend CHA, don’t fret we will be blogging, tweeting, and taking videos of all these activities to share with you.
Sunday January 29, 2012 – Tuesday January 31, 2012
10 AM – 1 PM: Stencil a Martha Stewart tote with Marianne
10 AM – 12 PM: Discover Podgeables with Cathie and Steve
10 AM – 12 PM: Make a ring with Candie Cooper
2PM – 5:30 PM: Stencil a Martha Stewart tote with Marianne
1PM – 5:30 PM: Discover Podgeables with Cathie and Steve
1PM – 5:30 PM: Make a ring with Candie Cooper